"We all have an inner voice, our personal whisper from the universe.
All we have to do is listen -- feel and sense it with an open heart.
Sometimes it whispers of intuition or precognition. Other times,
it whispers an awareness, a remembrance from another plane.
Dare to listen. Dare to hear with your heart."
~CJ Heck


"The Key to the Universe is Love, Together in a
Partnership with Awareness."
~Robert Cosmar



Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Visitor ...

For lack of any other way to say this, I've made a new friend. It was during the middle of the night. I was sound asleep, minding my own business in a pleasant dream. What the dream was about isn't what is important. Besides, by now, I've forgotten all but what IS important ...

In the dream, I had arrived home and was walking toward my back steps to the house. Sitting on the top step to my house, there was a small wrinkled old man. I asked him who he was and he told me that wasn't important right now. I fired a couple more questions at him. What are you doing here? What can I do for you?

I had to strain my ears to hear him. In a low and soft voice, he told me that I don't need to ask him anything. "All the answers are there inside of you. You need only to listen when you are ready to hear." I woke up then and sat up in bed thinking about the strange dream.

The next night, I had another visit from this tiny old man. In this dream, he was sitting in a chair in my living room. As I passed through the room, I saw him sitting there. I asked him why he was here and why he was coming to see me. Again in a low soft voice, he told me, "Catherine, I'm always here. I've been with you all along." This spooked me and again I woke up, but this time I was drenched in sweat.

The next morning, I told my significant other, Robert, about the visits in my dreams as we were sitting on the couch having coffee. Feeling a bit like I was in an episode of the Twilight Zone, (or worse -- going crazy), I was interested to hear his take on it. He's much more knowledgeable about these types of things than I am. For years, he's studied the metaphysical, astrological and spiritual sides of the universe and meditates every morning. I felt if anyone could throw some light on it, it would be him. He would at least put my mind at ease, assure me I wasn't crazy and remind me that it was just a dream. But, if he was as puzzled as I was, I felt he would know how to go about finding the answers for me.

Robert was calm. He told me he felt the old man was a higher part of myself and, as a part of the universe, (after all, we are all connected) he was here to help me become more aware ... aware of my creativity, aware of my purpose, aware of my connection to the universe.

I asked Robert why, if this was all true, had the visitor come to me as a wrinkled little old man. He told me that the universe probably figured that an old man was a safe symbol to me, someone I could trust enough to listen to. He asked if this visitor had given me his name. I told him no.

Then, as I looked into the next room, I "saw" the little old man again, (although truthfully, it was more of a "sensing" than seeing). He was sitting in my black swivel office chair in front of my computer desk. His legs were so short that they stuck straight out. Again, I didn't so much "see" him see him, as sense him see him, but he was as clearly there as the skin on my hand. I thought it so strange, it being daylight and all, and yet there he was. He said only, "Catherine, you are to call me DinAhh." (Please understand, I'm not certain of the spelling, but the accent was definitely on the second syllable).

Oh my God. The little old man from my dreams had come into the light and given me his name.

To be continued ...

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you.

 
Promote your blog