"We all have an inner voice, our personal whisper from the universe.
All we have to do is listen -- feel and sense it with an open heart.
Sometimes it whispers of intuition or precognition. Other times,
it whispers an awareness, a remembrance from another plane.
Dare to listen. Dare to hear with your heart."
~CJ Heck


"The Key to the Universe is Love, Together in a
Partnership with Awareness."
~Robert Cosmar



Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Silence

Is there anything good about silence? That's pretty much how I felt, before my journey to awareness began.

At the time, I was living alone and I thought I had to fill my life with sounds, even if it was only background music from the CD player. Often, I even turned the TV on low and went into my office to write, comforted by the voices from the other room.


After my spirit guide, Dinahh, introduced himself to me, my priorities began to change. Dinahh encouraged me to, "Be in the silence, Catherine. Do not be afraid of the silence. You must find your center and open your heart. It is there that you will find your answers." (I always had a flurry of questions for him and his answer was always to say, "So many questions, Catherine -- be patient. You have all of the answers. They are there inside of you. Be in the silence. Find your center and let go of the mind and ego. They will only stand in your way. That is not who you are. You must dare to open your heart and listen. It is in the silence where you will find your self and your answers.")

For many years, Robert has meditated to "be in the silence". I've tried it many times -- I don't know why I can't meditate -- maybe it just isn't for everyone. Maybe I have adult ADHD and just can't sit still that long ... but when I try, I can't seem to find my center and I certainly can't let go of my mind. Within just a few minutes, I find myself ticking off an invisible list of things to do, people I should call, things I need at the grocery, or just about anything else. I remember I used to be very good at daydreaming and I'm told that daydreaming is also a form of meditation. But to sit in a comfy chair in the dark in total silence, one of two things always happens: I either fall sound asleep, or my mind creeps back in to take over.

Where I finally found my silence was when I was lying in bed one night, just before falling asleep. All thought was gone and I was just beginning to feel myself drift off to sleep. Suddenly I "saw" a swirling of color, the palest shade of blue, and like a cloud, it spread until it filled my closed-eye "vision".  I knew I had found the silence, because Dinahh came to me then and told me so.  Now, it works for me every time.

It's a wonderful thing, being in the silence. When you allow your heart to open, you get a sense of floating and peace, and an overwhelming sense of love -- not surprising, since that is what we are and where we all came from ... everything is as it should be and silence?  The silence is magic ...

Namaste


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you.

 
Promote your blog