"We all have an inner voice, our personal whisper from the universe.
All we have to do is listen -- feel and sense it with an open heart.
Sometimes it whispers of intuition or precognition. Other times,
it whispers an awareness, a remembrance from another plane.
Dare to listen. Dare to hear with your heart."
~CJ Heck


"The Key to the Universe is Love, Together in a
Partnership with Awareness."
~Robert Cosmar



Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gemstones and Crystals

Are gemstones and crystals lucky and do they impart healing or protective powers to those who own them? This has been my latest quest -- to find the answers.

This has been intriguing to me for awhile, because Robert gave me a crystal quartz and a very large amethyst crystal when we first became a couple. At once, I was awed by their beauty and I found that when I held one or the other in my palm, I thought I could feel an energy coming from it.  I also enjoyed the comforting weight of the crystal itself. At that time, it was enough to know that they were a treasured gift from someone who believed in them and who also cared a lot about me.

One weekend last summer, we came across a gemologist at a local flea market. This man had a treasure trove of crystals, some I was familiar with and many others I had never seen before. I asked him how in the world you would know which ones you should own. He said, based on what my soul needed for clarity and healing, the "right ones" would speak to me ... (uh huh, sure). I picked all of them up, one by one. I listened, but I didn't hear anything. I decided I would have to base my decisions on something entirely different.

I will say, as I picked them up and held them, there were a few that stood out as either being prettier or feeling more comfortable in my palm than the rest -- so that's what I based my decisions on. I chose a tiger's eye, a rose quartz, and a lovely smooth bloodstone, which surprisingly, wasn't red at all, but a deep marbled green.  But I still say, nothing actually "spoke" to me. 

When we got home, Robert told me I should purify them so they would harmonize with my own vibrations. Other than looking up how to purify them, and then doing it, I didn't give them much more thought until this morning, when I did a quick search on gemstones and crystals, after glancing over at my little collection here on the desk by my keyboard.

I read that the first stones were probably used for ornamental purposes, like a smooth colored river rock. Or maybe, a hunter spotted a pretty river stone just before he successfully got his dinner, so the hunter then carried it with him as a lucky hunting stone. Stones of all kinds have played an important part in the history of humans. From the little river stones to the gigantic ones, such as those at Stonehenge, stones of all sizes and shapes have been called "the bones of Mother Earth". Stones have been used as talismans and amulets since recorded history and probably even before that. Even the Bible mentions the use of stones.

I'm sure there is much more to be learned about both gemstones and crystals. As time permits, I will read and learn even more, but as for today, I've come away believing that it's a personal thing. Most of the luck lies within our own belief system -- if we truly believe the stone or crystal is beneficial -- either lucky, protective or healing -- then it will be. I know how each of mine feels in my palm. It feels good ... and that's good enough for me.

Namaste


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you.

 
Promote your blog