"We all have an inner voice, our personal whisper from the universe.
All we have to do is listen -- feel and sense it with an open heart.
Sometimes it whispers of intuition or precognition. Other times,
it whispers an awareness, a remembrance from another plane.
Dare to listen. Dare to hear with your heart."
~CJ Heck


"The Key to the Universe is Love, Together in a
Partnership with Awareness."
~Robert Cosmar



Monday, January 24, 2011

Chuck Lane: The Person I Am

It's my pleasure to introduce a poet, writer, and Reiki Master Instructor I met through Knowing Whispers.  He wrote to say he was impressed with my work and to ask permission to use the quote at the top of the blog in his Reiki teaching.  After exchanging a few emails, I also found him to be a really nice guy with a lot of wonderful insights and wisdom that I've asked him to share.   Please join me in welcoming Chuck Lane to Whispers:


How I Became the Person I am Today
by Chuck Lane


I believe I was born angry. At some point in my adult life, I was angry most of the time. I had a quick temper, and that manifests itself in very negative ways. Thank God, I never got into any major trouble. Not being a big person I never got physical. Most of my aggression was taken out on me, rather than others. A career in the Military helped fuel my aggressive behaviour. When things didn’t go my way I would rant and rave. I had a tendency to go on and on and on about nothing. Finally, my wife told me, “Dear when you get like this, I love you, but I don’t like you.” When I looked into the mirror, I didn’t like the person looking back at me. When I started having health issues, I knew I had to do something.

Christmas of 2003, my wife and I decide to spend a few days in a Health Resort in Southern Ontario. My wife chose to get a massage and I chose something called Crystal Therapy.

I must admit that I was skeptical. The therapist told me she could help rid me of the negative energy that had built up in me and, hopefully, most of my anger. She began working at my feet and gradually moved to my head. She explained that I would feel heat moving from my feet upwards to my head and escaping through my head chakra. Then a bright white healing light would enter through my crown chakra and travel down through my feet, cleaning my body of any negative energy.

I listened but I didn’t believe. Well, I saw the brightest white light that I had ever seen enter through my forehead and exit the bottom of my feet. When the treatment was over, not only did I believe, but also I felt rejuvenated and free of tension. I knew, from that moment, I had to continue researching this and other ways to better my life.

In 2003, my wife received a Reiki treatment from Janet, a Reiki Master. She was so impressed that she had little trouble convincing me to try Reiki. So I also booked a session with Janet. At the first session, she couldn’t give me the full treatment because of the negative energy that was part of my life for so long was blocking her from treating me. She told me that only I could get rid of this negative energy. I had to tell it to leave and I didn’t need it any more. I did what she suggested and my second session went much better. The heat generated from her hands was what impressed me the most.

I had so many questions. Janet referred me to Martina, a gifted young German lady. She could connect with Spirit Guides who would answer my questions. She told me my wife and I have been together at least fifteen times in previous lives and we were truly Soulmates. She also told me that we were healers -- that was our purpose here, this time.

Well, I was hooked. It was shortly after that my wife and I decided to take a Reiki level 1 course together and, shortly after, Level 2, as well. Within a year, we were level 3 practitioners. This is where I decided to do as much research as possible. I purchased many books and A Reiki Touch course from William Lee Rand. I accessed almost every web site that I could find.

In 2005, my wife and I became Reiki Masters/Teachers, or should I say, Reiki Master Students. Before I started doing Reiki, I kept thinking that there was something missing in my life and I needed to discover my purpose. I no longer feel that way. I now know my purpose.

I can’t say that I have rid myself of all anger, but I can safely say, I am much calmer and I now know how to control it. Anger doesn’t control me.

As a side bar, I have always been creative. I wrote the occasional poem, short stories, and articles for local newspapers. Since I’ve replaced the negative energies in my life, I now have more creative energies. I write more, learn more, and I‘m much more spiritual. Oh yes, I smile more and people smile more at me. Finally, people like me and, better yet, I like me too. Thank you, Susan, my first therapist, and Janet and Kathy, my Reiki Masters. And most of all, thank you to my wife of 41 years.

Namaste
Chuck

**Thank you, Chuck.  You have a standing invitation whenever you have the time or a whisper you'd like to share with us.

Namaste
Your friend, CJ



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you.

 
Promote your blog