"We all have an inner voice, our personal whisper from the universe.
All we have to do is listen -- feel and sense it with an open heart.
Sometimes it whispers of intuition or precognition. Other times,
it whispers an awareness, a remembrance from another plane.
Dare to listen. Dare to hear with your heart."
~CJ Heck


"The Key to the Universe is Love, Together in a
Partnership with Awareness."
~Robert Cosmar



Sunday, January 30, 2011

Spiritual Healing

So much of my journey to awareness has had to do with spiritual healing. Some of the issues have had to do with buried pain, I realized that early on -- I am a Vietnam War widow. Some of my deepest issues are slowly being resolved through my blog for Vietnam veterans with the sharing of mutual feelings and experiences; however, it seems I'm never done healing. To be honest, I'm not quite sure what spiritual healing really is, and if what I'm going through is, actually, spiritual healing.

I started with the question, what is meant when we use the word "spirit", as in spiritual healing? Are these resolutions of my issues spiritually healing me? I did a search on Google this morning to see what I could find. I uncovered many names for spirit: life-force, soul, awareness, beingness, but all of them seem so vague -- all of them are invisible, too. I think the best description I've found for spirit, and the one that makes the most sense to me is, "that which exists beyond any physical realm".

Okay, if this is what our spirit is, what then is spiritual healing? It seems to be a goal for all spiritual practices, traditions and religions. I also found that it's something all spiritual seekers, in one way or another, are "searching" for. It's a further observation that when we carry the wounds of being hurt from past experiences (Vietnam) and situations (bad marriages or relationships) with us, our spiritual awakening, our spiritual growth, can slow down, or even stop. This makes perfect sense, because my spirit guide, Dinahh, often disappears for awhile. When he finally makes contact again, he tells me there are things that only I can find the answers to ... and he must allow me to do that myself.

Okay, so now my question is, how do we know if we need spiritual healing? After all, our spiritual growth, our awakening, is an intimate, quiet, and uniquely personal journey. How do we, as human beings, recognize when we need spiritual healing? Do our symptoms manifest themselves in physical sickness? Emotional sickness?

I gathered my courage and asked for Dinahh's guidance, steeling myself, wary he would tell me again that I ask too many questions that I already have the answers for, if I would just search inside for them -- but I was pleasantly surprised. He graciously shared a few things with me.

Dinahh told me that symptoms blocking awareness and growth can be physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. They can be profound and noticeable to everyone around us, or they can be so subtle as to only be felt by the person who needs to heal. But going from spiritual "sickness" to a state of spiritual "wellness" is the main goal of our spiritual awakening and growth in this lifetime.

Spiritual healing is, in truth, a deep, fundamental change in how we view ourselves, the world, and God. He told me spiritual healing lifts a person above themselves, so they are able to see everything from a new perspective.

Dinahh: "To begin spiritual healing, start with changing the filters that block true nature from coming through. Negative emotions are the most important filters -- fear, hate, jealousy, and anger. These must be replaced with positive emotions -- grattitude, love, patience, kindness. The negative emotions can be replaced with positive emotions by simply watching what is thought and what is said.

The more positive and uplifting our words are, the more positive and uplifting our thoughts and emotions will become. The positive will grow and the negative will be cleared away and this will better allow true nature to come through.

Catherine, you must write this: be sure spiritual healing does not come from outside practices. Yes, others can be paid to adjust energy fields and auras, people can surround themselves with crystals, and a house can be filled with all of the scents in the world, but none of it will heal the inner anger, fear and hate that torment a soul. You cannot “buy” spiritual healing. These unconscious wounds can only be healed by facing their origins and making peace with them. You already know this. You are already on your healing journey of discovery. Everything is as it should be. I will go now."

***Thank you, Dinahh. Namaste.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you.

 
Promote your blog