"We all have an inner voice, our personal whisper from the universe.
All we have to do is listen -- feel and sense it with an open heart.
Sometimes it whispers of intuition or precognition. Other times,
it whispers an awareness, a remembrance from another plane.
Dare to listen. Dare to hear with your heart."
~CJ Heck


"The Key to the Universe is Love, Together in a
Partnership with Awareness."
~Robert Cosmar



Monday, June 13, 2011

Making A Difference

by Robert S. Cosmar

When I was growing up, there were certain movies that seemed to touch me deeply. Sometimes I would cry, and at other times, my heart would just swell within me.  It seemed the movies that affected me most involved either an underdog overcoming a bully or an evil person, or movies about Jesus touching a person's life, like in the movie, Ben Hur.  Until recently, I didn't realize why I cried.

Sitting with Cathy the last few days, we've watched a couple of movies that made me cry. One was the new Karate Kid and the other one was an older movie called Mona Lisa Smile.  Both movies were about either someone helping someone overcome a problem or realize their potential.  I came to see through these movies that most of my life, my greatest desire was either to realize my own full potential or to help others achieve theirs.  I was crying for myself and for others as well.

I have had moments in my life when I felt the hand of God, or providence, touch me and I realize then how important those moments were. There are also times when I realized that I touched peoples lives, as well, and I will always remember that feeling of "getting through to them."  

Nothing feels better then a breakthrough moment when after years, maybe, of miscommunication or misunderstanding, a person or persons finally SEE and a doorway to life is opened and you, or they, overcome an obstacle or even realize a long-held dream. You feel happy for them and grateful in your heart that you may have had a part in helping them.


Namaste.
Robert


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you.

 
Promote your blog