"We all have an inner voice, our personal whisper from the universe.
All we have to do is listen -- feel and sense it with an open heart.
Sometimes it whispers of intuition or precognition. Other times,
it whispers an awareness, a remembrance from another plane.
Dare to listen. Dare to hear with your heart."
~CJ Heck


"The Key to the Universe is Love, Together in a
Partnership with Awareness."
~Robert Cosmar



Thursday, June 16, 2011

Spirit Guides and Children

I've written a lot about whispers from the universe and Dinahh, who first appeared in 2009. I've also written about events leading up to that first meeting, how they affected me personally, and how puzzling and strange it all seemed, even making me feel like I was weird or worse, crazy. 

I've also explained how he's helped me to understand my growing awareness and to see the whispers I've had since childhood, not as a curse, but as a gift.

Today, I'm writing about spirit guides again, but from another angle. In talking with Robert and Dinahh, I've come to believe that when we're born, we're still very much connected to the universe spiritually. 

Children can and do hear their guidance, and some even see them. Who hasn't known a child, or heard of one, or maybe even was a child who had an imaginary friend? Society thinks it's "cute" and most people even play along with the child for awhile, but eventually they are told to stop pretending, stop fantasizing, or to grow up, because an imaginary friend is only make-believe. 

It's all of the outside influences -- parents, teachers, friends, schools, etc., -- which cause a child's normal and natural spiritual connection to break down and they finally tell their imaginary friend (spiritual guide), "You're not real". Society wants and insists, that we use our minds, not our hearts and our feelings, which by their true nature, keep us connected with the universe. 

My oldest daughter, Carrie, had an imaginary friend. She first told me about Sherla when she was a toddler and just learning to talk. Sherla was very real to her. With everything we did, Sherla was included. We set a place for her at the breakfast, lunch and dinner table. Sherla was tucked in, read to and even hugged at bedtime, and Sherla was even included when we said our night-night prayers. It was such an innocent pretense, and I was happy to indulge Carrie. 

When I was a child, I remember my parents did the very same thing with the Boogie Man, because someone told one of my brothers that the Boogie Man would get him. The Boogie Man became, to us, a friend, almost like part of the family. I can't remember exactly when Sherla ceased to exist for Carrie. One day, she just wasn't there anymore. To the best of my recollection, it was about the time Carrie started school. Her imaginary friend was never so significant for me then as she is now, after my visitation from Dinahh. 

Was Sherla Carrie's spiritual guide, brought with her when she came into this world? It's an interesting question, isn't it? It's possible, even probable, that when she started school and told other children and her teacher about Sherla they made fun of her. I don't know. What I do know is, Carrie has had many spiritual whispers (intuitions and precognitions) since then, some of them I've already written about in past blogs. I think Sherla has always been with her. 

I'm basing this on what Dinahh told me on his second dream visit when I asked him, "Why are you here?" and he answered, "Catherine, I have been with you all along." 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Sherla reappears in my adult daughter's life, this time recognized and welcomed. With the universe, everything is as it should be and comes in its own time ... 

Namaste. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you.

 
Promote your blog