"We all have an inner voice, our personal whisper from the universe.
All we have to do is listen -- feel and sense it with an open heart.
Sometimes it whispers of intuition or precognition. Other times,
it whispers an awareness, a remembrance from another plane.
Dare to listen. Dare to hear with your heart."
~CJ Heck


"The Key to the Universe is Love, Together in a
Partnership with Awareness."
~Robert Cosmar



Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Angel in My Pocket: Eyes of a Child

The Innocence of a Child

"May you always see the world through the eyes of a child."
~CJ Heck





Keep that quote in mind ... I know I, for one, am always fascinated to hear what children believe and have to say about the workings of the universe and God.

Children want the world they live in to make sense, and they look at it and study it through such innocent eyes.

I remember I was having a conversation one day with one of my grandchildren, who was about five at the time. Somehow, the subject came up about what a conscience is and we were discussing it over lemonade.

When he asked what a conscience was, I explained in terms I thought he would understand. I told him it was like having a special someone whisper in your ear to tell you when something is a good idea, but also when something might not be such a good idea. Then I asked him what he thought a conscience was.

He thought about it for a few minutes, his face taking on all of the expressions of deep contemplation: the eyebrows squeezed together, his mouth puckered and skewed, first to one side of his face, then the other.

Then his expression changed to one of "AHA!" And he looked up at me with his eyebrows raised high and grinned playfully. "Grammy! I think you're talking about the angel I have in my pocket. That's just what she does!"

When I asked him to tell me more about his pocket angel, he gave me a look of total consternation, as though I should already know the answer.

Finally, with a huge sigh, he slowly explained what I should already know -- his angel always did exactly what I had described, but her whispers to him came from his pocket. He said she whispered to him about everything.

This was way before I started my own journey to awareness, and I hadn't thought about this conversation again, until this morning -- I think I mentioned before, I heard whispers, too, when I was a child, and I'm so glad he was hearing and heeding them already at age five.

I've been told that the universe has a sense of humor, and I'm quite sure our spirit guides had a good laugh over our little talk that day ... but, on the other hand, who's to say that he doesn't walk around with an angel in his pocket ...

Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you.

 
Promote your blog