"We all have an inner voice, our personal whisper from the universe.
All we have to do is listen -- feel and sense it with an open heart.
Sometimes it whispers of intuition or precognition. Other times,
it whispers an awareness, a remembrance from another plane.
Dare to listen. Dare to hear with your heart."
~CJ Heck


"The Key to the Universe is Love, Together in a
Partnership with Awareness."
~Robert Cosmar



Friday, August 20, 2010

Wava I. Harris Foster

Today, I'm proud to share the work of Wava I. Harris Foster. I was introduced to her writing by my friend, her son, Denny Foster. I think you'll agree, she's someone very special.

Born August 8, 1923, Wava came from my hometown of Coshocton, Ohio, where she and her husband of 44 years, George F. Foster, raised twelve children together -- nine boys and three girls. Three of those sons grew up to eventually serve in Vietnam. Wava wrote two books of poetry about her family, God, and about war.

During the war, Wava was a Rosie the Riveter and, while raising her family, also found time to make quilts, crochet, knit, write poetry, and make dolls. She was a longtime member of Coshocton Christian and Missionary Alliance Church.

In Denny's words: "She was an awesome mother. Her heart was bigger than she was. Although she never really had anything, she would give everything to anyone who needed it. She and my father were together until he passed on February 16, 1988, and she never found another that could ever take his place. Mom passed on December 9, 2000, and I pray they are together again now."

Please join me in welcoming Wava I. Harris Foster:

At My Friend's House
by Wava Foster


I can't place it, but there's something rare,
not just a smile or a meal to share,
there's something very 'special' there
At my friends house.
The food is served with extra care.
I find wealth beyond compare,
not in 'things' but 'thoughts' we share
At my friends house.
We share the dishes, and we sing
"Oh, how those heavenly bells will ring."
We speak of such eternal things.
At my friends house.
We share real truths, God's faith and love,
Of prayers answered straight from above,
as if they were sent on the wings of a dove,
At my friends house.
And when it's time to say goodby,
(My the hours sure did fly!)
My footsteps lag, I wonder why?
From my friends house.
She has something money can't buy.
I believe it's sent from Him on high.
It's the love of God, I can't deny,
At my friends house.


Thank you so much for sharing, Denny. Your mother was very special and this has been such an honor. A big hug, CJ

Namaste.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you.

 
Promote your blog