"We all have an inner voice, our personal whisper from the universe.
All we have to do is listen -- feel and sense it with an open heart.
Sometimes it whispers of intuition or precognition. Other times,
it whispers an awareness, a remembrance from another plane.
Dare to listen. Dare to hear with your heart."
~CJ Heck


"The Key to the Universe is Love, Together in a
Partnership with Awareness."
~Robert Cosmar



Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Unsung Heroes

I haven't known what to write for the past few days. Actually, I've been so busy trying to get my new blog, Memoirs From Nam, off the ground and up and running that, by the end of the day, I find I've run out of energy for much else. Please bear with me.

Based on my own experience as a Vietnam widow, I was led by Dinahh and Micah to begin the new blog, specifically for the Vietnam Veterans, their families and friends. So many years have gone by and these guys and gals are still carrying a heavy burden around down inside. This is partly from what they experienced in Vietnam, but also in part because of how they were treated when they returned home. Their treatment in the press was awful -- but so was their medical treatment in hospitals

The service men and women of the Vietnam Era changed everything. I've stressed many times in the blog -- they are all heroes. It's because of them that things are now different for our current service men and women. Change always comes about through great controversy and difficult times. They will be written about in history books for their grandchildren and their grandchildren's children to learn from. Everything is different because of them. They did nothing wrong. They did what they were trained to do, what they were ordered to do, and what was the right thing to do, for our country. They are heroes.

I seem to have digressed ... sorry. I'm sure there are vets who read Knowing Whispers. Please help me by visiting Memoirs From Nam. Show your support by reading and commenting on the blog posts, and also by following the blog. If you know or knew Vietnam vets, please encourage them and their family and friends to share a story or even a memory. Dinahh insists the more they read the experiences from other vets, the more they will be able to face their own pain and eventually, let it go. That is what my vision is ... please join me and make it yours, too.

Memoirs From Nam

Namaste.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you.

 
Promote your blog