"We all have an inner voice, our personal whisper from the universe.
All we have to do is listen -- feel and sense it with an open heart.
Sometimes it whispers of intuition or precognition. Other times,
it whispers an awareness, a remembrance from another plane.
Dare to listen. Dare to hear with your heart."
~CJ Heck


"The Key to the Universe is Love, Together in a
Partnership with Awareness."
~Robert Cosmar



Monday, August 30, 2010

Synchronicity for CJ

I know I talk a lot about synchronicity in this blog, but it's because it amazes me so much how it works. It's just one of those little gifts we all have, our little miracle from the universe to, I guess, let us know that our guidance is there and helping us whenever and wherever they can. The synchronicity that happened this morning was actually tied in with a couple of other ones, but this one is really special and I want to share it.

I should probably give you a little background information first. I have really bad vision. My driver's license says I'm 'legally blind without corrective lenses'. At 2-1/2 I was wearing bifocal glasses and, by the time I was a sophomore in high school, my glasses were as thick as pop bottles and I always felt terribly self-conscious.

When contacts came out that same year in my small town in Ohio, my parents took me to our local eye doctor to order them. Back then, they were only the hard contacts, and I worked diligently to learn to wear them. It was like a miracle -- I remember the first day I was allowed to wear them out of the doctor's office. It was raining. It was the first time I could actually see raindrops falling and I was stunned. Everything in my world came visually alive.

Okay, that said, I moved here to DuBois nearly two years ago from Punxsutawney, where I lived for one year. In the nearly three years I had lived in PA, I hadn't as yet chosen an eye doctor and it was way past time for an eye exam. Last January, I woke one morning with pink eye and did an immediate search in the yellow pages for an optomitrist. This was the first synchronicity. The first eye doctor I called had just gotten a cancellation and they fit me in within an hour.

After my appointment, with the Rx in hand for pink eye, I filled out the papers to have my records sent to their office from NH. Once the records were received, they would call and I could make an appointment for my first eye exam. Things got busy, as they usually do, and not hearing from their office, I pretty much forgot all about calling to see if the records got there, or making an appointment for an eye exam.

Last week while I was cleaning a lens to put it in one morning, it flipped off of my finger and I watched, horrified, as the drain hole swallowed my right lens ... I scrambled into action, frantically looking through drawers and cupboards for an old pair. I finally found one lone contact lens in a case from God only knows, how long ago. I cleaned it carefully and popped it in ... couldn't see clearly, but it was still better than without it. Then later, I found that with a pair of reading glasses on, I could at least see clearly enough to get around.

Waiting through the weekend was the hardest! When I called this morning, the office gal told me, yes, they had gotten my records from NH ... but no, with all of the eye exams for kids returning to school, they couldn't possibly fit me in until mid-September. Then she put me on hold to answer another line. When she came back, she said she had just had a cancellation! Could I come in tomorrow morning at 10:30?

Synchronicity ... a tiny miracle of maximum proportions.

Namaste!


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you.

 
Promote your blog