"We all have an inner voice, our personal whisper from the universe.
All we have to do is listen -- feel and sense it with an open heart.
Sometimes it whispers of intuition or precognition. Other times,
it whispers an awareness, a remembrance from another plane.
Dare to listen. Dare to hear with your heart."
~CJ Heck


"The Key to the Universe is Love, Together in a
Partnership with Awareness."
~Robert Cosmar



Sunday, July 3, 2011

Inspiration for Writing

The strangest thing:  I was sitting here this morning thinking about a question that was posed in a writing forum that I belong to.  "Where do you get your ideas for writing, whether for poems, short stories, or any other forms of writing?"

 H m m m ... it sounded like such an easy question, at first. The most obvious answer, and the one most people had already written was, "I rely on either my imagination, or I write about what I know." The more I thought about it, though, I had to ask myself, where DO my ideas really come from?

Truthfully, the best inspirations, or ideas, I've ever gotten came from (now don't laugh) God and/or the universe. For me, there are times when I'm able to completely relax and find my center, stop my mind from trying to control my thoughts, listen to my breath enter and leave my lungs and allow the energy to flow through me. 

When the inspiration comes, and it always does, the words rush like water from an open tap -- it's an indescribable feeling, almost as though the words aren't mine at all. They seem to come from somewhere else and flow through me, from the heart to the mind, to the fingers all by themselves. It's a humbling experience and I'm always amazed and extremely grateful to the universe for showing me its magic. It's something that is there for everyone, if you only ask.

Now, how do I write that as an answer in the forum without people thinking I'm a nutcase ...



Namaste.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you.

 
Promote your blog