"We all have an inner voice, our personal whisper from the universe.
All we have to do is listen -- feel and sense it with an open heart.
Sometimes it whispers of intuition or precognition. Other times,
it whispers an awareness, a remembrance from another plane.
Dare to listen. Dare to hear with your heart."
~CJ Heck


"The Key to the Universe is Love, Together in a
Partnership with Awareness."
~Robert Cosmar



Monday, July 4, 2011

Writing Inspiration: Richard Schwartz

This was a comment left by my friend, Richard Schwartz, on yesterday's blog, "Inspiration for Writing".  I thought it was so great that I asked him if I could use it as a blog.  Richard agreed.  Thanks, Richard!

CJ - You're not as nutty as your thoughts on creativity seem to imply. When I start writing a character, they start telling me their story.  I'm just the one who happens to be writing down what they tell me. After I've written a few paragraphs about them they develop a unique voice that I can hear in my mind. 

As I was finishing my first book, I had a dream one night that I was arriving at a surprise party. Everyone there was a character in my first book and they were thanking me for bringing them to life for my readers. This certainly sounds strange. but I remember waking up the next day and my first thought was that it was nice of them to throw me a party. 

I'd love to say that I love writing ... but its more than that.  When I get an idea for a character, I feel compelled to start writing.  For example, I was on vacation touring the National Parks here in the northwest.  While at Yellowstone, one of my favorite characters from my first book told me a story that will be the beginning of my third book.  I am only half way through my second book, but I had to get back to our hotel room to write down the story that will certainly be the beginning of the third book. 

I'd love to tell you where my ideas come from ... but I really can't.  Taking photos of the geothermal features shouldn't have provoked thoughts leading to the beginning of my third book, but that's where it happened!


Richard Schwartz


** This is incredible, and I'm thrilled to hear about it, Richard.   It's obvious you're another writer who listens to the whispers.  You've made me feel so much better -- I'm really not a nutcase (smiling), after all.  Thank you so much for sharing your experience  and for allowing me to put your comment here as a blog.
My warmest regards and respect, as always,
CJ


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you.

 
Promote your blog