"We all have an inner voice, our personal whisper from the universe.
All we have to do is listen -- feel and sense it with an open heart.
Sometimes it whispers of intuition or precognition. Other times,
it whispers an awareness, a remembrance from another plane.
Dare to listen. Dare to hear with your heart."
~CJ Heck


"The Key to the Universe is Love, Together in a
Partnership with Awareness."
~Robert Cosmar



Friday, June 18, 2010

Serendipity vs. Whisper

Serendipity: good luck or good fortune in making an unexpected and fortunate discovery.

We never know when our life will touch another's in a meaningful way. I know most of us have had serendipitous chance meetings with someone -- like a whisper from the universe -- and it's suddenly like a little unexpected miracle occurs. It doesn't matter whether the meeting was beneficial to us, to the person we met, or maybe even beneficial to both.

What you suddenly sense is a little mind explosion that instantly tells you, "Wow, I was supposed to meet this person!" It's all a part of the magic of the universe, and all we have to do is be aware, listen to it when it happens, and of course, recognize it as such. Let me give you something to think about: maybe you met a soulmate and you were destined to help each other along your journey in this lifetime ... like what I experienced yesterday.

Yesterday, I met the nicest lady, Jen, while Robert and I were shopping at the perfume counter at Macy's in Altoona. I needed to replace my favorite perfume, Shalimar, and she had brought out several bottles of differing sizes and prices for me to choose from.

Amazingly, we recognized an almost instant rapport between us. She offered to fill my small purse-sized bottle of Shalimar for me and, while she was doing that, we got to talking and sharing. When she told me she used to be an elementary school teacher, one subject led to another and I gave her one of my business cards.

When she saw that I had a children's book published, she exclaimed, "Oh my God, this has to be fate! I knew I was supposed to meet you! See, I just love wiener dogs and I have six books that I've written about them. Right now, I'm looking for an illustrator to illustrate them so I can try and find a publisher. Please, where do I go from here?"

(Well, I had never met anyone at an expensive perfume counter who willingly filled a purse-sized spray bottle of Shalimar for free, either). I immediately felt the very same connection -- I sensed I was destined to meet her, as well. ("Thank you, God, and the Universe.")

Regarding her search for an illustrator for her books, I shared what I knew from my own reading about, and dealings with, publishers -- they most often discourage sending in manuscripts that are already illustrated, unless of course, you are an author/illustrator yourself. I told her she should get a copy of "Children's Writers and Illustrators" by Writers Digest Books, and she would see that the majority of publishers want to use their own staff illustrators. I suggested to Jen that she go ahead and send her book manuscripts out and save the money she would spend on illustrations -- of course, if she was planning to self-publish, that would be a different story. She said "no", she wanted a traditional publisher.

"How serendipitous", we say at first blush, "how lucky!" When in actuality, it isn't luck at all -- luck has nothing to do with it. That kind of thinking is only our brain's way of labeling the magic so our mind can accept the experiences according to society's limiting standards.

We have met a soulmate in this chance meeting, and yes, the meeting was serendipitous, in that it was unexpected and fortunate. But, when we open our hearts and really listen is when we can sense the magic and be aware -- these are spiritual whispers and everyone is capable of the magic. We are all inter-connected and one with the universe, because the same energy flows through us and all things.

Who knows, we may have millions of soulmates 'out there' that we have yet to meet, if we only take the time to open our hearts and listen ...

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you.

 
Promote your blog