"We all have an inner voice, our personal whisper from the universe.
All we have to do is listen -- feel and sense it with an open heart.
Sometimes it whispers of intuition or precognition. Other times,
it whispers an awareness, a remembrance from another plane.
Dare to listen. Dare to hear with your heart."
~CJ Heck


"The Key to the Universe is Love, Together in a
Partnership with Awareness."
~Robert Cosmar



Saturday, June 19, 2010

Wishing Our Lives Away

This morning, as I was brushing my hair in front of the mirror, my Spirit Guide, Dinahh, suddenly slammed into my mind with one of his whispers. He told me I was to write a blog about how people here are always wishing their lives away.

I listened to him, trying to form both an opinion about it so I would understand where I stood on the topic, and to lay a foundation -- how did I plan to broach the subject in my blog?

I had to admit, I could easily sense where he was coming from. We humans are guilty of that -- all too many of us really do wish our lives away, but in our defense, it's done only in ignorance and innocence. We wish it were the weekend because the job is stressful. We wish it were next week -- it's our evaluation and we hope to get the raise. We love the holidays and miss our families, so we wish Christmas would hurry and get here. Teens can hardly wait to grow up and be eighteen or twenty-one. Most parents look forward to their toddler's first words, or being potty-trained, or their first steps, and wish their little ones would grow to that particular age. When we're tired, we wish it was bedtime. I see exactly what Dinahh was talking about.

We're all guilty of it -- this wishing time would move faster, whether it's a year, a week, a day, or only a minute. Life is way too short as it is down here and we need to slow it down. We need to learn how to live in the moment, be aware of a simple blade of grass, the color of the sky, or how one drop of rain feels when it hits our skin. If we are aware, we can find the joy, the magic, in the now, and especially when holding a child or a lover close and feeling the incredible flow of love, the spiritual energy, which is flowing through us and everything in the universe.

There's magic in every second, it's already ours, and all we have to do is be aware of it, accept it as the gift it is. Let's agree to try harder to live in the moment. There's nothing wasted in the universe -- everything is exactly as, and where, it should be ... even us.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you.

 
Promote your blog