"We all have an inner voice, our personal whisper from the universe.
All we have to do is listen -- feel and sense it with an open heart.
Sometimes it whispers of intuition or precognition. Other times,
it whispers an awareness, a remembrance from another plane.
Dare to listen. Dare to hear with your heart."
~CJ Heck


"The Key to the Universe is Love, Together in a
Partnership with Awareness."
~Robert Cosmar



Thursday, June 10, 2010

When I Finally Close My Eyes

Ink on paper is as beautiful to me as flowers on the mountains; God composes, why shouldn't we? ~Terri Guillemets

I've invited several people to be guest bloggers/writers here at Knowing Whispers. I respect them all very much. They've had some interesting experiences and I'm looking forward to sharing what they're going to write about. I haven't received any articles, as yet, but I'm sure in time I will.


When I Finally Close My Eyes
by CJ Heck


When I close my eyes
for the last time
in this lifetime,
I want to have lived,
really lived.
I want to know
I've tasted
the smorgasbord of life.
relishing the good
and spitting
the bad back out,
knowing at least
I tried it.
When I'm done here,
I won't have to wonder
whether someone caught
the kiss I threw,
I'll know.
I don't want to leave here
with my heart as empty
as my pockets have been
so I've opened my heart
and I'll live each day
as though it were my last.
I want to know,
without a doubt,
that I've left
something of me behind,
something that's good,
not regret
for never making a difference.
When I close my eyes
for the very last time,
I would like someone
to remember

I was here.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you.

 
Promote your blog