"We all have an inner voice, our personal whisper from the universe.
All we have to do is listen -- feel and sense it with an open heart.
Sometimes it whispers of intuition or precognition. Other times,
it whispers an awareness, a remembrance from another plane.
Dare to listen. Dare to hear with your heart."
~CJ Heck


"The Key to the Universe is Love, Together in a
Partnership with Awareness."
~Robert Cosmar



Thursday, May 20, 2010

Creativity: Using The Magic

What your Mind can conceive, the Universe will achieve. It's ... Magic. ~CJ Heck

As a writer, there have been times when the writing came so easily, almost too easily, as though it was coming from somewhere else, somewhere outside of me. Unfortunately, it doesn't happen often, but when it does, I call it listening to "The Magic".

One time in particular, I was in that place where I could feel the energy flow through me and a poem just came, like magic. When it was finished, I read what I had written. I was stunned, because the theme was so unlike anything I normally write -- from a child's point of view, this poem was about a child looking down from heaven and talking to her parents. Even though it was very different, I had a feeling, a sense of rightness about it, and included it in my first book.

Three years later, I had the wonderful opportunity to do a large school visit in Circleville, Ohio. Seven schools were to be bussed from surrounding towns to one central school where I would speak to students in groups. Over a three-day period, I did about five presentations a day. It was exhausting, but went very well, and I formed many wonderful friendships with the teachers and the librarian there. (To this day, Circleville remains as one of my favorite school visits ever).

A few weeks later, I got an email from the librarian at the main school. She had very sad news to share with me. One of the students, a second grade girl named McKenzie, had been killed in an auto accident riding in the car with her mother and little brother, who was badly injured, as well. The librarian wanted me to know that this little girl had loved the poem about the child in heaven. She carried my book everywhere she went and read the poem over and over to anyone who would listen -- teachers, students, parents, even her grandparents. She referred to herself as the angel in the poem, saying she wasn't afraid to die.

I was so touched by reading the email that I called and talked with the librarian. She shared so much more with me. At the funeral home, her parents had copies of the poem printed on pink paper, which they handed out to everyone who attended McKenzie's memorial service.

I finally knew why three years earlier I had been given the words to write the poem. There had been a reason, a spiritual purpose, and I was not privy to it at that time. That was the magic.

I wrote to the little girl's parents and grandparents. I wanted them to know how deeply I felt their grief and loss. I also needed them to know that nothing had ever touched me so deeply and personally. Then the magic continued ... her mother called me. She asked my permission for the family to have the poem etched onto McKenzie's grave stone. To this day, I have never felt so humbled as I did at that moment.

This is when I first began to sense how the magic in the universe works. We are all interconnected. An energy flows through us just like a river, and there is always a higher purpose to everything, even though we don't always know what that purpose is at the time; however, we are aware of and have a sense that everything is exactly as it should be. We must feel the energy, allow it to guide us and flow through us. This is ... the magic.

A Letter From Heaven
In Remembrance of McKenzie,
by CJ Heck

Mommy, Daddy, how I miss you
and I know you're missing me.
There are windows here in heaven
and every day I look and see

my toys all in the toybox
and my dolls up on the shelf.
I can't pull them in my wagon now
nor hold them to myself.

My little rocker's empty
and your arms feel empty too.
I can see the sadness in your face.
Mommy, Daddy, I love you.

My music box is quiet
but I don't need to hear it play.
Mommy, Daddy, it's not needed now,
angels here sing every day!

Please don't worry that I'm lonely,
there are children everywhere.
We are all His little angels
and there's so much love up here.

Mommy, Daddy, please don't cry for me,
heaven's such a lovely place.
God says you did your very best
and your love shows in my face.

Mommy, Daddy, when you need me
just look up and say a prayer.
I will see you through the windows
and I'll hear your voice up here.


Enjoy your day.
Hugs,
CJ

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you.

 
Promote your blog