"We all have an inner voice, our personal whisper from the universe.
All we have to do is listen -- feel and sense it with an open heart.
Sometimes it whispers of intuition or precognition. Other times,
it whispers an awareness, a remembrance from another plane.
Dare to listen. Dare to hear with your heart."
~CJ Heck


"The Key to the Universe is Love, Together in a
Partnership with Awareness."
~Robert Cosmar



Thursday, July 22, 2010

After A While

Browsing the dim back corner
Of a musty antique shop
Opened an old book of poetry
Angels flew out from the pages
I caught the whiff of a soul
The ink seemed fresh as today
Was that voices whispering?
The tree of the paper still grows.
~Pixie Foudre



Today, I'm going to post my favorite poem here. I received a whisper this morning that the message in the poem is what people need to read today. I never question when I get a whisper. I've learned that, while the purpose is not always clear to me, there is a reason for it, because it comes from the universe. I merely listen with my heart, trust in its wisdom, and then follow through.

I want to thank my daughter, Bethany, who first gave me this poem. I can't begin to tell you how much it's helped me through some very troubling times in my life. I hope it helps you, as well.


After A While
by Veronica A Shoftstall


After a while you learn
The subtle difference between
Holding a hand and chaining a soul
And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning
And company doesn't always mean security
And loneliness is universal.

And you begin to learn
That kisses aren't contracts
And presents aren't promises
And you begin to accept your defeats
With your head up and your eyes ahead
With the grace of a woman
Not the grief of a child

And you learn
To build all your roads on today
Because tomorrow's ground
Is too uncertain for plans
And futures have a way
Of falling down in mid-flight

After a while you learn
That even sunshine burns
If you get too much
So you plant your own garden
And decorate your own soul
Instead of waiting
For someone to bring you flowers

And you learn
That you really can endure
That you really are strong
And you really do have worth
And you learn and you learn
With every goodbye you learn.


Namaste


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you.

 
Promote your blog